Thursday, October 1, 2015

7 things I've learned in my first 7 weeks of college.

At least, I think I've been in school seven weeks. Honestly, the weeks just happen, and I don't keep track. I really don't care though. Counting is not really my thing, and I really like the number seven.

1. I have time to read again. I was ridiculously involved in high school, and I sacrificed my love for reading to participate in every other activity possible. I have a good amount of free time now, and have enjoyed a few new reads. Stephen Kings book, On Writing, is a book I've discovered, and I LOVE IT!


2. There are more people like me out in this world. This gets me all sorts of excited. I was starting to doubt that I'd ever find tree climbing, obnoxious laughing, extra competitive, spontaneous personalities in this world. Thankfully, I was wrong, and I'm enjoying the new adventures, with new friends.



3. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A PARKING PASS DON'T PARK IN AMES! RIDE YOUR BIKE, HORSE, LONG BOARD, OR SCOOTER BUT DON'T YOU DARE PARK YOUR PRECIOUS CAR IN AMES YOU WILL GET A PARKING TICKET. I only know this from experience, and let's just say I didn't learn it the first time.



4. Sioux Falls, South Dakota is adorable. Labor day weekend, I took a road trip with a rad group of people to the city where one of my favorite people ( MARY RAES) attends college. I had a blast and a half, see you soon Margie ♥

5. My brothers hugs will always be my favorite. Perks of having a strong brother I guess. (don't let that get to your head, Dustin!)
6. If you're walking across a creek at Ledges, don't put your iphone in your shirt front pocket. It may jump out,  float down the stream, and never be found again. Let's just say Sam learned this the hard way. ;)
7. He is a good, good Father. My walk with Christ has been an adventure in college. I think I've learned more from Him than I have from all my teachers (not complaining). I'm excited to fall more in love with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment